Thursday, January 22, 2009

Long Time No See

Where have I been? I'm not sure, but I know I haven't popped in here for a while. After the kids being out of school for three weeks and the holidays, I'm just now feeling like I'm getting back into some kind of groove. I still have yet to get on my sewing machine! Yikes! I think after all the holiday gifts, I got really burned out a little. Anyone feel like that? But lately, I've been really itching to sew again.
I've got a Valentine swap coming up with some girlfriends where we have to spell out the word "HUGS". H is for handmade, so I'm excited to come up with something.
And since I never shared any of my holiday gifts I made, here is one from our Holiday swap. My swap partner was my friend Jen of Little*Red*Wagon. I made her a craft apron, mini card wallet and key fob set made with Sugar Snap! Isn't it cute?

And this wasn't a gift, but I never did share. It's the 2+2 Blouse by Oliver + S in more Sugar Snap. I was so excited to make this pattern as soon I as I got it. I did alter it a bit and left out the button closure on the back. With the opening and tie in the front, there is plenty of room for her head to fit. I love that most of Liesl's patterns go all the way up to a size 8, and they're so well written. I let Miss P pick out the fabrics she wanted. Good choice, huh?


And the Little Bro always needs to get in on the act, so here's a couple just for the sake of cuteness!


It's bright and beautiful today - perfect for sewing! I think I'll start on my swap gifty. But I've also been wanting to do up a Sandi Henderson pattern for Miss P. We'll see which one wins out today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think P would share her clothes with me?

Millwork Indio said...

Hi nice reading your post